THE BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA | Quick Weightloss, Prevents illness, Cleanses

Hey everyone, and a happy new year!

Before Christmas came along I was doing so well on my diet I managed to lose 5 pounds in a week (crazy I know) but then Christmas came by and I put all that weight back on. I wasn't to angry with myself as I knew I could lose it quickly again. Everybody is different when it comes to losing weight some people may take longer than others so don't feel discouraged if its taking you a while! If your trying to lose weight and you already have a slim build - please be careful!

My Experience With Green Tea

First of all I just want to say this is my own personal experience not everyone will have the same reaction as me, Please stay safe when dieting is at can also be dangerous sometimes. I had a bit of a whirl wind experience with green tea. When I started drinking it, this is also when I started my healthy eating journey to. I completely changed my diet in a day, this was the WORST thing I could have done. Green tea is so powerful and on top of that I was drinking smoothies packed with fruit and cinnamon tea everyday to - in no way is any of this stuff bad for you but it's all about balance and easing yourself into change. I carried this diet on for a couple of weeks but because I rushed into it, it made my anxiety horribly bad, I felt really low and I didn't really have any energy at all. I'm sorry if this post comes across a little negative at first, I just want to spread the message that rushing into healthy eating isn't always the right way for weight loss. We still need our good fats and sugars to keep us going. Also - I promise things get better for me haha!

After I noticed my anxiety and low moods increasing I decided to step back from this diet a little, I cut down on the green tea and all these healthy drinks because the power in these drinks weren't mixing well with the way my body works, going from a completely different diet to this.. well of course my body was going to react this way. For about a week I stopped drinking green tea because I just wanted to feel myself again, I was wondering why it triggered my anxiety, so I looked it up and other people have experienced the same as me as well. I was still eating healthy but I was balancing everything more, making sure I still had my sugars and fats. I felt better, thank god. Green Tea is not bad for you at all, I was just going OTT with it, once I learned how to work with it I only needed half a cup a day, that's it half a cup, and it's still working the same for me, its still helping me lose weight and it's clearing out my system but now I feel good mentally and half a cup doesn't effect me at all. Dieting really is all about learning what's best for you! I love green tea now and I'm so glad I gave it another go!

(photo source):



Benefits Of Green Tea

As I've mentioned it's outstanding for weight loss! It's one of the healthiest beverages on the planet after White Tea. Green tea contains caffeine and EGCG which boosts the metabolism, breaks down the fat cells and moves on into the blood stream.. which cleans out your system, this will explain why you pee more when drinking green tea. Releasing fat into the blood stream will also increase energy levels. Green tea helps you increase fat burning especially during exercise, but even when your not exercising or just doing simple tasks like going for a walk it's still working miracles. It also has loads of huge health benefits which are linked Here.

I hope this helps anyone on their journey to being a healthier human! I know that at Christmas the cupboards are filled with so much junk food that it can be hard to lose weight when January arrives. I just want to end the post and say in any way at all I'm not saying anyone needs to lose weight, love yo'self! You look awesome the way you are and eat the way that you want (:

Love Roxy x


1 comment

  1. Thanks dear for sharing here all these miraculous benefits of drinking green tea. I am so impressed to read this post. But dear I am the one that hates teas. So I would prefer taking some Green energy drinks that is made up of green tea extracts. If you have any recommendations for that then please share!!

    ReplyDelete